Whip up this simple cinnamon cream cheese frosting in less than 5 minutes! It’s velvety smooth and once you add it to your cake or cupcakes for a delightful treat, everyone will be asking for seconds.
Homemade frosting is so simple and easy, there is no question that I use it on all of my baked goods. Some other fun flavors to test out and try are this Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, this yummy Cookie Dough Frosting, or this classic Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Indulge in the irresistible goodness of this heavenly cream cheese frosting recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a smooth and delicious topping. It will take your cakes and cupcakes to a whole new level. This recipe is my favorite to use on anything that has pumpkin in it like this Incredible Pumpkin Cake! But really, cinnamon cream cheese goes with just about anything!
This recipe is so delicious, you will be tempted to eat it plain (don’t worry, I was too so I won’t judge!). It goes well with everything and the best part about it is that you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes. So no more store bought frosting for you! This one turns out perfect every time and you will never go back.
Ingredients in Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Not only does this recipe only take a few minutes to make but it’s ingredients list is short and sweet. You only use 5 ingredients! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: Let your cream chees sit out and come to room temperature so that when you mix it in, it’s nice and soft, and you won’t have any lumps.
- Cinnamon: This is how you get that delicious cinnamon flavor!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe and let it soften with the cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash of vanilla adds just the right amount of sweet flavor to the frosting.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: The powdered sugar dissolves easily, giving the frosting that velvety smooth finish.
How to Make Homemade Frosting
This cinnamon cream cheese frosting can be bought at the store but trust me when I say that you’ve got to make it from scratch. It’s so much better and takes practically no time at all.
- Combine: Beat the cream cheese, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the confectioner’s sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Frost: Enjoy on cake or cupcakes!
Substitutions and Variations
There are variations and way to change this cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe to fit your needs!
- Can I use low-fat cream cheese for this frosting recipe? While you can technically use low-fat cream cheese, remember that it may affect the texture and overall richness of the frosting. Using regular cream cheese will result in a creamier frosting.
- Can I use this frosting on other desserts besides cakes and cupcakes? Yes! This cinnamon cream cheese frosting can be used to top cookies, brownies, or even spread on cinnamon rolls.
- Can I substitute margarine for butter in this recipe? It’s best to stick with butter for this frosting recipe. Margarine has a higher water content, which can affect the consistency of the frosting. When you use butter, it provides a richer flavor and a smoother texture.
How to Store Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnamon cream cheese frosting can be made ahead of time, stored in the fridge, or even frozen for later!
- In the Refrigerator: If you have any leftovers, store the cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in your fridge. It should stay fresh for about 3-4 days. Before using it again, allow the frosting to come to room temperature and give it a quick stir to make it nice and creamy again.
- In the Freezer: Place it in a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use it, you can thaw the frosting in the fridge overnight and then bring it to room temperature before using it.
Beat the cream cheese, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add the confectioner’s sugar and continue beating until smooth.
Enjoy on cake or cupcakes!
Calories189kcal (9%)Carbohydrates24g (8%)Protein1g (2%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.4gMonounsaturated Fat3gTrans Fat0.2gCholesterol29mg (10%)Sodium90mg (4%)Potassium28mg (1%)Fiber0.1gSugar23g (26%)Vitamin A372IU (7%)Vitamin C0.01mgCalcium21mg (2%)Iron0.05mg
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.